Every Monday morning The Daily babe will be dishing out the scoop on the who's, the what's and the where's! I will be featuring style icons, makeup artists from all over, beauty and lifestyle bloggers, Youtubers we all love, public figures, you name it! They will share tips and secrets, advice and info we are all dying to know, right here on The Daily babe!
Today, we featuring the GORGEOUS Ritza Bellingan, married to Cape Town stylist and Blogger, Elrico Bellingan! She is also the blogger of LUXO.co.za, a Makeup artist and shoe OBSESSED (I can relate).
Your top 5 skincare tips :
I’ve always had combination skin and tend to break out from almost anything so my skin journey hasn’t been easy! I’ve learnt along the way that to go natural is better for skin so that would definitely be my first tip :
- Know what’s in the products you choose to use. Look at the ingredients, do your research and speak to someone who knows the product well before investing in it.
- Wear sunscreen. Always. I wear day cream and foundation with built in SPF just to be safe.
- Never go to bed with makeup on. Even if you want to use makeup removal wipes, don’t sleep with makeup - it will either cause breakouts or make you age quicker than you should!
- Wear masks. Masks just gives your skin that love it needs. I wear a mask at least once a week, especially if you like wearing lots of makeup like me!
- Don’t squeeze!! I’ve learnt the hard way that scars from picking my skin takes a long time, lots of products and lots of money to heal and it could cause permanent damage. Rather invest in the right products for your skin or get something to dry out the pimples, but don’t squeeze or scratch, it ruins that perfect canvas!
Your holygrail skincare product and why?
Mmm… that’s difficult, but I reckon if I had to pick one, it would be the Garnier Micellar Oil-Infused Cleansing Water. As mentioned, I love wearing makeup and this product removes all traces of it without drying out my skin. It’s affordable and lasts up to 200 uses!
What are your top 5 makeup tips for flawless, gorgeous makeup?
- Use a Primer. I use Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizer as a primer (same as Kim K) and it really hydrates the skin and preps it perfectly for makeup. If I know I’m going to have a long day and want the makeup to last longer, I might even dab on some of Inglot’s Under Makeup-Base over it. It’s great for filling the pores and creating that flawless look.
- Use good applicators. From sponges to brushes, invest in good brands and good quality products to create a flawless look.
- Apply your makeup in good lighting. Lighting is everything. Good lighting will ensure that everything is well blended and that you look the same inside and outside of the house (good lighting is also great for selfies just FIY!)
- Invest in good products. A good foundation will make your skin look flawless and pigmented shadows will last longer so investing in a few key items is worth it if you want flawless makeup!
- Use a setting spray. It will seal the makeup and I always carry my setting spray in my bag for touch ups or just to freshen up your look.
If you could leave the house with only ONE makeup product, what would it be and why?
A red lipstick. A red lip can change your entire look and make it more dramatic from day to night. If it comes to it, you can also use your red lipstick as a blush so it’s my go-to if I have to choose only one!
Your current top 5 makeup favourites and why you love them so much?
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - It’s full coverage, long lasting and literally won’t move. I swear by it and have not found a foundation to date that beats it coverage and flawless finish.
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Eyeshadow Palette. I simply love these shades and use them every day. It’s subtle, but with a golden glow on the eyes and I love the brush that comes with it as well! Perfect for a quick, everyday eye!
- Swiitch Glowgasm Palette - Glowing skin is huge right now and the pigmented highlighters from the Glowgasm Palette is better than most international brands I’ve tried including Anastasia Beverly Hills. Obsessed with it!
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer - Perfect for contouring and the shade works with most skin tones without being to harsh.
- Benefit “Precisely my Brow” Pencil - it’s perfect for shaping the brows and looks very natural with hair-like strokes.
Where do you get your style inspo from?
I’ve always loved fashion. My pinterest boards are filled with street style from across the world and I love keeping up with trends during fashion weeks to make them my own. My stylist husband, Elrico definitely makes me push the boundaries with my style and he often creates and designs outfits for me with his fashion designer background! I’m a lucky girl!
Here are a few of her Glamour Style Diary 2017 images :
I could NOT only choose one photo of her - I mean look at this? Go give her a follow on instagram!
Catch the next Daily scoop next week Monday, same place, same time!