Today's scoop is Cantara from Kalopsia Blog - she tells us about herself and shares a few things she loves! She shares what's new in her makeup bag and what is on her beauty wishlist!
1. What sparked your love for blogging and how long have you been a blogger for?
I’ve only been blogging about my makeup for about ±6 months but I’ve been practicing for about 2 years. It took me so long to get into blogging about makeup because I was in high school and I wanted to wait to devote all my time to makeup and blogging which is what I’m currently doing and enjoy every bit of it. The fact that makeup has no limitations and you can do what you like no matter how controversial or weird it is, this is what sparked my love for makeup and my love for blogging. It is my creative outlet and it’s what I’m passionate about.
2. Who are your favourite beauty bloggers?
- itslikelymakeup (Jordi Dreher)
- atleeeey (Ashley Feasel)
- Gina Shkeda
- Jamie Genevieve
3. What are your current top 5 favourite make up products and why?
- NYX Cosmetics Strobe of Genius highlighting palette – it’s a very versatile palette, it has buildable pigment so depending how you’re feeling you can have a natural glow or a glow that will blind the haters.
- Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzer – I know it’s a very basic bronzer but it does the damn trick. It also helps me achieve a more softly sculpted look.
- A. Girl Cosmetics PRO.conceal HD concealer – I used these to colour correct, cream contour and conceal some spots and I mean if these can cover my dark circles without making my under eye area feel or look cakey then they’re definitely the one!!
- SwiitchBeauty Slays For Days Palette – the palette has a range of warm tones that complement all skin tones, the shades are pigmented, blend able, creamy and have almost ZERO fallout it’s a great palette of natural everyday looks to full glam evening looking in winter and summer.
- Catrice Cosmetics Nude Illusion Loose Powder ‘Transparent Matte’ – I really like how it wears, it’s very light weight and it doesn’t make me look a ghost in pictures. It’s always good to have a good setting powder with minimal flashback.
4. Tell us about your skincare routine?
My skin care routine changes often because I have really dry skin throughout the year.
Every morning I wash my face using a soft facial brush and the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cleanser followed by the Hydro Boost Micellar Water and Hydro Boost Gel Cream. After the moisturiser has been fully absorbed into the skin I spritz my face with rose water and apply a 50 SPF sunscreen (RAIN OR SHINE!!)
At night before bed I remove makeup if I have anything on my skin and repeat my morning routine but without the facial brush and the sunscreen. If I have any spots or blemishes I dab a little peppermint oil on them and by the morning they are smaller. I also apply tea tree oil on my scars to help with the hyperpigmentation.
Twice a week I do a face scrub of Rooibos tea and honey. I cut open a tea bag, put the tea in a bowl and pour a little boiling water (just enough to get some juices out) and add a bit of honey. The Rooibos helps with inflammation so it calms my skin down majorly especially because I wear makeup almost everyday, rooibos also contains Zinc which helps with hormone imbalances which we know is a damn pain!! The honey helps brighten up the skin and adds some hydration.
5. And your holy grail skincare products are?
Rose water, tea tree oil, peppermint oil and SUNSCREEEEN.
6. What would you say is your ultimate got to, grab everyday product?
The NYX Cosmetics Micro Brow Pencil.
7. What does your everyday face look like?
I don’t have an everyday look. Every day I try and create something new to help myself improve and I used A LOT of colour, so I’m hardly ever natural looking. I really enjoy experimenting with makeup.
8. What is your favourite lippy? Why do you love it so much?
It’s a lipstick from MAC called “Men Love Mystery” – it’s a blue based purple and I’d describe it as lavender-violet shade. I love it because it’s different and weird which is what I really like yet it’s still wearable… if you’re weird, like me!
9. What is new in your make up bag this month?
I recently got my hands on two NYX Lip Lingerie’s in the shades Honeymoon (cool tone brown) and Ruffle Trim (neutral coral). I really love the shades because they’re different to anything else I have. The formula is pretty drying but it’s transfer proof and pigmented so that’s a positive.
10. What is currently on your beauty wishlist?
As a makeup lover I think it’s safe to say that that list is ENDLESS. But if I had to choose a few things it would be the Anastasia Beverley Hills blush trios, a few single shadows of theirs as well and a few of Jeffree Star’s Velour Liquid Lipsticks.