- What sparked your love for blogging and how long have you been a blogger for?
I have always loved makeup. It is something that interested me but I had no idea that there were people who blogged about makeup. Back in 2011 I stumbled across some beauty websites and after a few months of following beauty blogs I decided to start my own blog. So in April 2012 I took the plunge and have been blogging since then.
- Who are your favourite beauty bloggers?
Internationally, my favourite beauty bloggers are Estee Lalonde and Ingrid Nilsen. Locally there are a number of blogs I follow and enjoy but the first blogs that I followed and continue to follow are Kiss, Blush and Tell and Lipgloss Kisses.
- What are your current top 5 favourite make up products? And why?
- Dior Lip Glow – This is my all time favourite lip treatment product. It treats your lips while giving it a light pink tint.
- The Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation – It is such an easy foundation to use and gives my skin a natural, even look. I like my foundation to be light.
- Benefit Dandelion Blush – This blush is easy to use. Gives me the perfect pink hint on my cheeks and brightens my complexion.
- MaxFactor Excess Shimmer cream eyeshadow – These cream eyeshadows are long lasting and gives your eye lids a beautiful wash of shimmer. The Copper shade is my favourite, brightens my eyes and works well with so many makeup looks.
- Benefit Roller Lash – This mascara is the best foolproof mascara. It lengthens, lifts and gives my dark black coat of colour. I really just love this product.
- Tell us about your skincare routine?
Skincare is probably my favourite part of my morning and evening routine. In the mornings I do a light cleanse and follow up with a facial oil then lock it in with a moisturiser. In the evenings I do a more thorough cleanse, followed with a richer facial oil then locked in with a night cream. Every second or third day I do a light exfoliation and use a hydrating mask. Once a week, I do a pore cleanse with a clay mask, but I don’t leave that on for too long.The products change depending on what my skin needs but I do have dry skin so the products are always packed with hydrating ingredients. I found that when my skin looks good, I hardly need any makeup and that is a win.
- And your holy grail skincare products?
The Gatineau Aquamemory Hydrating Mask is my all time favourite face mask. The mask is good at hydrating my skin and soothing any flareups I have when my skin is sensitive.
Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream, which is probably a cliché, but this stuff works wonders at treating so many things.
- What would you say is your ultimate go to, grab everyday product?
I have always loved mascara and feel it is the one thing that instantly makes you look done up.
- What does your everyday face look like?
On a day to day basis, I am always in a rush to get done and out the door. I try to get my makeup done in under 5 minutes, so I tend to use a foundation, cream eyeshadow, mascara and blush. When I feel like something different I’ll pop a bright lip colour on, especially when I am tired, it helps to brighten my complexion.
- What is your favourite lippy? Why do you love it so much?
MAC’s Blankety is my favourite colour. It is the perfect nude for my skin tone and just so easy to pop on when you are in a rush (plus I just love the name).
- What is new in your make up bag this month?
Due to the nature of my blogging, I get products quite often but I tend to carry the same stuff with me on a day to day basis. The thing I recently repurchased is the Dior Lip Glow because my lips have been suffering this winter. It’s pricey but to me it is worth it.
- What's currently on your beauty wishlist?
The Urban Decay Naked Heat eyeshadow palette. These palettes are always fantastic and this one looks like it will be so much fun to play with.
Till next time babes,