Tomorrow's #BABEOFTHEDAY is the gorgeous self taught MUA, Mia from Gordon's Bay. Here is a little Q and A to get to know her a little better before her live tomorrow at 12PM!
1. Tell us a bit more about yourself?
I'm a 19 year old, self taught make-up junkie that lives in Gordon's bay. I'm very passionate about animal rights and only use make-up that is Cruelty free! I'm currently studying a Bcom in Marketing and management sciences through IMM.
2. What are your top 5 makeup items in your collection?
1) slays for days palette from Swiitchbeauty
2) L.A girl pro coverage foundation
3) Cream & Powder Contour kit from Freedom Make-up.
4) The balm Mary Lou manizer highlighter
5) Essence I ❤️ extreme lashes mascara
3. What are your go to lip products?
Wet & wild lipsticks & lip palette from Freedom make-up.
4. What is your take on skincare?
When it comes to skin care - less is more, I use products that are gentle and subtle on the skin, like the Garnier micellar water as well as the Pure cosmetics face wash. Look out for products that contain parabens, sls's, talc, petroleum & alcohol... They are your skins worst enemy!
5. Which products in general - makeup and skincare wise, do you highlight recommend for dry skin types?
For dry skin, never use matte products, make sure you use a foundation that is dewy! Use lots of oils for you skin and moisturizers such as the e45 moisturizer that is gentle and free of yucky ingredients.
6. How do you keep your skin hydrated and smooth during winter months?
Coconut oil to remove your make-up & facial oils are the best for the wintery season.
7. What is currently new in your makeup bag?
Carli Bybel BH cosmetics palette & Inglot shadows.
8. If you could only choose 2 makeup products to leave the house with which would it be? And why?
Definitely lipstick & concealer. Lipstick to touch up throughout the day & concealer in case your foundation wears off.
9. What is your fav mascara for voluminous lashes?
Essence I ❤️ extreme lashes mascara
10. Top 10 drugstore makeup products you highly recommend?
Slays for days palette from Swiitch beauty
Wet&Wild mega glow contouring palette
L.A. Girl foundation
L.A. Girl concealers
Essence mascaras and liquid liners
Freedom make-up lip kits
Catrice cosmetics products like the concealers and highlighters
Nyx liquid lipsticks and shadows
Freedom make-up contour kits
L.A. Girl highlighters
Till tomorrow babes,